These and parmesan and sun-dried tomato biscuits are packed with flavor. The little bits of chewy sun-dried tomato and the intense parmesan cheese are a perfect combo in these cute little biscuits.
I'd love to experiment a little more with these babies. I bet they'd be incredible sliced with a chicken breast, some avocado, a drizzle of pesto and sliced tomato in between! Oh yeah!
The combination of Parmesan cheese and sun-dried tomato is a match made in heaven!
It only takes a few minutes to throw these together. The worst part of the whole process is wiping the flour off the counter. The 10 minutes it takes to throw these together is time well spent!
What Kind of Sun-Dried Tomatoes?
There are a couple different types of Sun Dried tomatoes in the supermarkets.
- Dehydrated Sun-dried tomatoes-- comes in a sealed bag
- or sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil, found in the produce section of the supermarket.
This recipe is best with the dehydrated tomatoes but the ones packed in olive oil will work too. Simply take the tomatoes out of the oil and pat dry with a paper towel.
I used about 8 sun-dried tomato halves. You can add more or less depending on your preference. I minced them up before I added them to the bowl.
Healthy Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Did you know, sun-dried tomatoes have a lot of health benefits? There have been studies done that suggest that dehydrated tomatoes contain FruHis, it's a carbohydrate that may appear to protect against cancer.
I guess it's true, what our mothers have been telling us our entire lives, eat your veggies. If you'd like to read more about this study, you can read it here.
Other Sun-Dried Tomato Recipes We Love
Tips for Making The Best Sun-dried Tomato and Parmesan Biscuits Recipe:
- It's easy to make these with a food processor. If you don't have one just mix the flour mixture and the butter with a fork until the butter is in very small pieces.
- I used dehydrated sun-dried tomatoes but I'm sure the tomatoes in olive oil would work too
- You can use butter or shortening for this recipe
- I used parchment paper but a silicone mat would work great too.
Sun-dried Tomato Biscuits
- 2 Cups Flour
- 4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 cup butter or shortening (I used butter)
- 1 Cup Milk
- 8 halves sun-dried tomatoes (minced)
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and garlic powder. Pulse until the butter resembles corn meal.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine milk, minced sun-dried tomatoes, and parmesan cheese. Stir until combined. Do not overmix
- Sprinkle a little flour onto your counter and roll out the biscut dough. The dough should be about an inch think. You can make them up to 1 1/2" thick if you want. Cut the biscuits into squares with a knife or cut into circles with a cup or cookie cutter.
- Place on parchment paper on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown. Serve with soup, salad or a slab of delicious butter, Enjoy!
These sun-dried tomatoes and parmesan biscuits are packed with flavor. The little bits of chewy sun-dried tomato and the intense parmesan cheese are a perfect combo in these cute little biscuits.