This Kings Hawaiian Roll Pizza Sliders recipe makes family pizza night a breeze. They are totally irresistible and can be ready in less than 30 minutes making them the ultimate weeknight meal or game day appetizer.
Easy Pepperoni Pizza Sliders Recipe
These Pepperoni Pizza Sliders are such a fun appetizer or quick dinner to serve for pizza night, or any other night of the week. They’re made by spreading pizza sauce, pepperoni, and two types of cheese inside King’s Hawaiian rolls that have been brushed with garlic butter and Parmesan.
Once baked the buns stay tender on the inside with a delightfully crisp buttery outer layer. It doesn’t get much better or easier than this! Try filling with different combinations of your favorite pizza toppings. Or, if you are in the mood for a slightly more traditional slider these Easy Cheeseburger Sliders are always a hit.
Hawaiian Roll Pizza Sliders Ingredients
- Hawaiian Rolls - these soft and fluffy rolls are the perfect size for sliders. You could also use any type of store bought or Homemade Dinner Rolls.
- Pizza Sauce - any type of pizza sauce or marinara sauce will work great here. I recommend using one that is less watery so that it won’t create soggy Pizza Sliders.
- Sliced Provolone Cheese - not only does extra cheese make Pizza Sliders extra tasty, this sliced cheese also gets super stringy and gooey when warm.
- Pepperoni - you’ll need about 4 ounces of sliced pepperoni for one 12-count package of Hawaiian rolls.
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese - this is sprinkled over the top of the pepperoni. Feel free to substitute a pizza cheese mix, or really any other type of shredded cheese that you love.
- Butter - you’ll need just a little melted butter to brush over the rolls before adding to the oven.
- Garlic Salt - if you don’t have garlic salt you can combine half garlic powder and half salt. Sesame seeds would also be a great topping.
- Grated Parmesan Cheese - this is optional but adds loads of flavor to the buns.
Additional Pizza Slider Topping Ideas
Besides pepperoni, here are a few slider topping ideas:
- Crumbled sausage
- Diced pineapple
- Sliced mushrooms
- Sliced olives
- Diced bell peppers
How to Make Hawaiian Roll Pizza Sliders
- Assemble the sliders. Without separating them, cut the package of Hawaiian rolls in half. Place the bottom of the rolls onto a baking sheet or in a baking dish. Spread the pizza sauce evenly over the rolls then top with provolone slices, pepperoni, and then the mozzarella cheese. (Add additional pizza toppings if desired)
- Brush the buns with butter and seasoning. Place the top of the rolls back on and brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with garlic salt and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake. Cover the sliders with aluminum foil and bake for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Remove the foil and bake for another 5-7 minutes, or until the rolls are golden brown.
- Serve. Remove from the oven and serve warm. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
I love using Hawaiian Rolls for Pizza Sliders because they are super convenient and stay very soft. Otherwise, you can really use any type of small bun or dinner roll. Feel free to give these Homemade Dinner Rolls a try.
Yup! You can actually even assemble these the night before. Cover and refrigerate, then the next day you’ll just need to bake.
Any store bought pizza sauce or marinara sauce will work great so use your favorite. You could also use homemade pizza sauce if you are feeling up for it and have a surplus of fresh tomatoes.
Storing and Reheating
- Refrigerator: store leftover Pizza Sliders in an airtight container or wrapped in foil in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Freezer: you could freeze assembled sliders, however they are so simple to put together I recommend just making them fresh each time.
- To reheat: microwave for about 20 seconds or until warmed through. You could also cover and reheat in a preheated 350 degree oven.
Pizza Sliders Recipe
- 12 small Hawaiian Rolls or Dinner Rolls
- ⅔ cup Pizza Sauce
- 6 slices Provolone Cheese
- 4 ounces Pepperoni
- 1½ cups Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- ½ Tablespoon Garlic Salt
- ¼ cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
Additional Pizza Slider Toppings
- Pineapple diced
- Mushrooms sliced
- Olives sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Without separating them, cut the package of Hawaiian rolls in half. Place the bottom half onto a baking sheet or in a baking dish.
- Spread the pizza sauce evenly over the rolls then top with provolone slices, pepperoni, and then the mozzarella cheese. (Add additional pizza toppings if desired)
- Place the tops of the rolls back on and brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with garlic salt and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Cover the sliders with aluminum foil and bake for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted. Remove the foil and bake for another 5-7 minutes, or until the rolls are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm. Enjoy!
More Easy Pizza Recipes
- Homemade Pizza
- Homemade Grilled Pizza
- Pizza Sauce
- Stuffed Crust Pizza
- French Bread Pizza
- Combination Pizza
- Pizza Rolls Ups
- More Pizza Recipes
- More 30 Minute Meals
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you. It helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
This Pepperoni Pizza Sliders recipe is a quick, easy, and delicious way to make everyone's favorite food. Made with Hawaiian Rolls, they are filled with pizza sauce, pepperoni, and plenty of gooey cheese.