This Roasted Butternut Squash recipe has a light maple cinnamon glaze with just a hint of cinnamon. It's a simple sweet and savory side dish that will soon become your favorite way to prepare squash.
For this squash recipe, I used Butternut squash. I actually found this at the supermarket, already chopped into approximately 1" cubes but you can use just about any type of squash for this recipe. There are so many types of squash to choose from. You can use Hubbard Squash, Kobacha Squash, Banana Squash, Butternut Squash, Autumn cup Squash, or Acorn Squash.
Whatever type of squash you choose to use, just be sure to cut the chunks into uniform size pieces so it cooks evenly.
Roasting is currently my favorite way to cook squash or just about any vegetables. It's nice to have a variation but roasting gives you so much texture. You can have that soft and smooth inside and a chewy, little bit crunchy outside.
Here are some more roasted vegetables you might enjoy!
- Herb Roasted Potatoes
- Wild Rice Stuffed Squash
- Roasted Sweet Potato with Chipotle and Lime
- Roasted Green Beans
- Oven Roasted Squash Bites
Tips for Making the Best Roasted Butternut Squash With Cinnamon:
- Peel your squash
- cut the pieces into similar sized chunks so it cooks evenly
- Be sure to mix the oil, maple syrup and spices all together before pouring onto the squash
- Use a ziplock bag to mix all the ingredients together. It helps big-time with cleanup!
- Be sure to allow enough time to roast your squash in the oven.Â This recipe is amazingÂ when the squash is golden brown and just a little crisp on the edges.
- The bigger the pieces of squash, the longer it takes to roast.
- Perfect for your holiday meal!
Oven Roasted Squash with Cinnamon Recipe
- 2 pounds Squash (peeled and cut into 1" chunks)
- 2 Tablesppons Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 Tablespoons Avocado Oil
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- You can use pre-peeled and cut squash from the supermarket or you can peel and cut your own. All the squash pieces should be a similar size. The ones used were about 1" pieces.
- Add your cut squash to a ziplock bag.
- In a small bowl, combine the pure maple syrup, avocado oil, and the cinnamon. mix and then pour into the ziplock bag with the squash.
- Seal the bag and shake the bag until all the squash is evenly coated with the oil mixture. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pour the squash onto baking sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray and put in the oven
- Bake for 60-75 minutes, turning the squash over with a spatula every 20 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. ENojoy!
- How to Roast Squash
- Curry Squash Soup
- Wild Rice Stuffed Squash
- Oven Roasted Squash
- Air Fryer Squash
- Cinnamon Roasted Squash
- More Side Dishes
- More Vegetable Recipes
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
Pin this for Later!
This recipe for Roasted Squash with Cinnamon is the very best way to enjoy squash! It's a sweet squash recipe and has a light maple cinnamon glaze with just a hint of cinnamon. This roasted squash recipe is sweet and savory, this will soon become your favorite way to bake squash!