This Bacon Wrapped Asparagus is a quick and easy side dish that is always a hit. Seasoned simply with salt, pepper, garlic and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese, this recipe is perfect for party appetizers, holiday dinners or getting picky eaters to eat their veggies.
Easy Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus
This recipe for Bacon Wrapped Asparagus looks amazing, tastes delicious, takes no time to make, and combines both a veggie and a protein. What more could you ask for from a side dish?
You can make this recipe as-is, or try one of our variations listed below. It also works as a side dish or as an appetizer and fits in at just about any type of occasion. No matter how you serve it, you are sure to get plenty of oohs and aahs and have very little leftovers.
Ingredients in Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Bacon - use your favorite type of bacon for this side dish. You can also substitute prosciutto but keep in mind the cooking time will probably decrease, so be sure and use thin stalks of asparagus.
- Asparagus - try and find asparagus that are firm, bright green and on the thinner side.
- Olive Oil - you can also substitute avocado oil for this recipe.
- Garlic - use either fresh garlic cloves or minced garlic for this recipe.
- Salt and Pepper
- Parmesan Cheese - this is optional, but we love the little boost in flavor that it gives. You can also top the finished bundles with a little extra grated Parmesan if you’d like.
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Asparagus in the Oven
- Prep the asparagus. Wash and trim the stem ends of the asparagus, then place in a 9”x13” baking dish.
- Add oil and seasoning. Add the olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese. Use kitchen thongs to toss the asparagus so that it is evenly covered with seasonings and oil.
- Wrap the asparagus in bacon. Cut the strips of bacon in half. Gather 5-6 asparagus stems together then wrap a piece of bacon around each bundle, towards the center of the spears. Continue with all the asparagus, arranging them in the baking dish in a single layer making sure they are seam side down.
- Bake. Cook Bacon Wrapped Asparagus in the oven until tender and the bacon is full cooked and slightly crispy, or about 12-15 minutes.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Spicy. Add red pepper flakes to the seasoning mix before baking.
- Sweet. Toss the bacon in a bit of brown sugar before wrapping the asparagus for a candied bacon asparagus side dish.
- Serve with balsamic glaze. The tart balsamic is the perfect complement to fatty bacon and salty Parmesan.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Preheat your air fryer to 360 degrees and lay as many bundles as will fit in a single layer. Air fry for 10-15 minutes, or until the bacon is nice and crispy. Remove and place on a wire rack or sheet tray and repeat with more bundles as necessary.
You sure can - assemble up to 1 day in advance and store in the fridge in an airtight container.
If you are a fan of crispy bacon, trying cooking these on a sheet tray fitted with a wire rack. That way, the fat drips down as it cooks keeping the bacon nice and crisp.
The bottom ends of asparagus are woody and inedible so you want to trim off a good 1-2 inches from the end of each asparagus stalk.
These don’t reheat all that well but if you have leftovers, don’t throw them out! They taste great chopped into a salad.
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Recipe
- ½ pound Sliced Bacon cut in half
- 2 bundles Asparagus Spears washed and trimmed
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil or avocado oil
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese grated; optional
- Preheat the oven to 420 degrees F.
- Rinse the asaragus and trim the stem end.
- Place the asparagus in a 9" x 13" baking dish and drizzle with Olive Oil. Add the minced garlic, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese. Use kitchen thongs to toss the asparagus so that it is evenly covered with seasonings and oil.
- Cut the strips of bacon in half. Gather 5-6 asparagus stems together then wrap a piece of bacon around each bundle, towards the center of the spears.
- Continue with all the asparagus, arranging them in the baking dish in a single layer making sure they are seam side down.
- Cook Bacon Wrapped Asparagus in the oven until tender and the bacon is full cooked and slightly crispy, or about 12-15 minutes.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
More of our Favorite Appetizer Recipes
- Cranberry Salsa
- Holiday Veggie Tray
- Pizza Pinwheels
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
- Bacon Wrapped Smokies
- Crispy Potato Bites
- More Side Dishes
- More Veggie Recipes
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
This Asparagus and Bacon recipe tastes delicious, looks amazing and takes no time at all to make. It's perfect for party appetizers, holiday dinners or getting picky eaters to eat their veggies.