This Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus is a simple recipe that doubles as a side dish or appetizer. It’s got tender garlic and Parmesan asparagus spears wrapped with crispy bacon and can be ready to go in less than 30 minutes.
Air Fryer Roasted Asparagus Wrapped with Bacon
Need an easy-peasy appetizer or side dish looks good and can be ready in no time? Presenting our Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus. These cute little bundles of delicious garlic and Parmesan roasted asparagus are wrapped neatly with crispy bacon. They look super fancy but take just a few minutes to prepare.
You can adjust the seasoning if you want to mix things up, or even rub a bit of brown sugar over the bacon for a sweet and salty variation. A squeeze of lemon juice over the top never hurt anyone either. Serve as an appetizer, or as a side dish paired with just about any of your favorite proteins.
Ingredients in Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Bacon - use your favorite type of bacon for this side dish. You can also substitute prosciutto but keep in mind the cooking time will probably decrease, so be sure and use thin stalks of asparagus.
- Asparagus - try and find asparagus that are firm, bright green and on the thinner side.
- Olive Oil - you can also substitute avocado oil for this recipe.
- Garlic - use either fresh garlic cloves or minced garlic for this recipe.
- Salt and Pepper
- Parmesan Cheese - this is optional, but we love the little boost in flavor that it gives. You can also top the finished bundles with a little extra grated Parmesan if you’d like.
How to Make Asparagus in the Air Fryer
- Prep asparagus. Rinse the asparagus and trim the stem ends. Place the asparagus in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Add the minced garlic, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese. Use kitchen tongs to toss the asparagus so that it is evenly covered with seasonings and oil.
- Wrap with bacon. Cut the strips of bacon in half. Gather 5-6 asparagus stems together then wrap a piece of bacon around each bundle, towards the center of the spears. Continue with all the asparagus, arranging them in the air fryer in a single layer making sure they are seam side down and adding them so that none are touching (you may need to do a couple of batches).
- Cook in air fryer. Cook asparagus in an air fryer preheated to 390 degrees for 10-13 minutes, or until tender and the bacon is fully cooked and slightly crispy.
- Serve. Remove from the air fryer and repeat as necessary, then serve immediately. Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
- Do not overcrowd the air fryer! The bacon will never crisp up and you may end up overcooking the asparagus.
- These taste amazing with a little brown sugar rubbed onto the bacon.
- If your asparagus is on the thicker side, you may only want to wrap 3 together. Or, if your asparagus is super skinny, you may be able to wrap 5-6 together. Just use your best judgment!
- You can also add about a teaspoon of brown sugar to the tops of each bundle before baking. This is a fun way to switch up your bacon wrapped asparagus-air fryer recipe.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can assemble your asparagus bundles up to 1 day in advance and store in the fridge in an airtight container.
Sure! Prep the asparagus bundles as directed, then cook in a preheated 420 degree oven for about 12-15 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy and the asparagus is tender.
The bottom ends of asparagus are woody and inedible so you want to trim off a good 1-2 inches from the end of each asparagus stalk. The quickest way is to cut them all at once with a large sharp knife. However, you can also snap them off on by one using just your hands.
These don’t reheat all that well but if you have leftovers, don’t throw them out! They taste great chopped into a salad.
Recipe: Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- ½ pound Sliced Bacon cut in half
- 2 bundles Asparagus Spears washed and trimmed
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil or avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees F.
- Rinse the asparagus and trim the stem ends.
- Place the asparagus in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Add the minced garlic, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese. Use kitchen tongs to toss the asparagus so that it is evenly covered with seasonings and oil.
- Cut the strips of bacon in half. Gather 5-6 asparagus stems together then wrap a piece of bacon around each bundle, towards the center of the spears.
- Continue with all the asparagus, arranging them in the air fryer in a single layer making sure they are seam side down and adding them so that none are touching (you may need to do a couple of batches).
- Cook Bacon Wrapped Asparagus in the air fryer for 10-13 minutes, or until tender and the bacon is fully cooked and slightly crispy.
- Remove from the air fryer and repeat as necessary, then serve immediately. Enjoy!
Here are more easy air fryer recipes we love:
- Air Fryer Red Potatoes
- How to Make Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
- Toasted Ravioli
- Cornflake Chicken
- Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts and Sweet Potatoes
- More Side Dish Recipes
- More Veggie Recipes
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
- More Veggie Recipes
This Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus looks super fancy but takes just minutes to prepare. It's made with tender garlic and Parmesan asparagus spears wrapped up in crispy bacon.