Sweet Potato Breakfast Casserole
This sweet potato casserole is a delicious egg and cheese casserole. If you love a little sweet potato, spicy pepper jack, and a hint of dijon, this is the breakfast casserole for you!
Servings: 4 people
- 8 whole Eggs
- 1 Cup Sweet Potato shredded into small shreds
- ¼ Cup Milk
- ½ Cup Ham minced
- 2 each Green Onions thinly sliced
- ⅓ each Red Bell Pepper diced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ Cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1 Cup Pepper Jack Cheese shredded, and divided -half in casserole, half on top before baking
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, add the eggs and whisk to break them up. Add the sweet potato, milk, ham, green onion, red pepper, dijon mustard, cheddar cheese and half of the pepper jack cheese and mix together with a spatula.
Grease a 9"x 9" baking dish (using oil, spray or butter), then pour the mixture in. Sprinkle the remaining pepper jack cheese on top.
Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes, or until completely set and golden brown on top.
Once baked, remove from the oven and let cool for about 5 minutes before slicing.
Serve with salsa, sour cream, hot sauce or sliced avocado. Enjoy!
- Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in either a 350 degree oven, or in the microwave for about 30-40 seconds.
Calories: 269kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 354mg | Sodium: 460mg | Potassium: 355mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 5730IU | Vitamin C: 14.6mg | Calcium: 183mg | Iron: 2.1mg