Easy Taco Soup Recipe
This Easy Taco Soup Recipe is a healthy taco soup recipe, and bonus, it freezes great. It can be made in just a few minutes, with simple ingredients, and is a dinner recipe the entire family will love.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 8 people
- 1 med Onion yellow, white or red onions work great
- 2 Tablespoons Avocado Oil any mild flavored cooking oil will do
- 1 Tabelspoons Garlic
- 1 lb Ground Beef recommend 85/15
- 1 28 ounce Crushed Tomatoes canned
- 1 4 ounce Green Chilies
- 2 15 ounce Bean canned, with liquid
- 8-12 ounces Frozen Corn, Super sweet white corn Canned Corn will work too
- 3 Tablespoons Taco Seasoning homemade, packaged, or bulk
- 1 tsp salt
In a large pot, add a couple tablespoons of oil and the diced onions. Cook on medium heat stirring occasionally until the onions are transparent and then turn a caramel color.
Add the minced garlic and cook for a couple more minutes until the garlic is transparent.
Add the ground beef and a cup of water. (This will help the meat cook evenly while it cooks) Use a spoon and break up the chunks of meat until it’s in fine pieces. And almost all the meat is no longer pink.
Add the beans. (It’s not necessary to drain the beans, just add the beans to the pot, juice and all)
Add the crushed tomatoes, frozen corn, and taco seasoning.
Continue to cook on medium heat until the taco soup is hot and bubbly.
Serve with a dollop of sour cream, shredded cheese, and your favorite corn chips. Enjoy!
Calories: 205kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 482mg | Potassium: 225mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 110IU | Vitamin C: 3.7mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 1.3mg