Best Minestrone Soup
This is the Best Minestrone Soup recipe. It's just like the minestrone soup you love at your favorite Italian Restaurant. It's a classic Italian soup recipe loaded with vegetables, rich broth and topped with delicious parmesan cheese. It's so easy and your family is going to love it.
Servings: 8 people
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil avocado oil is the next best substitute
- 2 cups Chopped Onion chopped small, a white or yellow onion works best.
- 2 teaspoon Minced Garlic fresh is best but the jarred garlic works fine too
- 2 large Carrots Whole carrots, peeled and cut into ¼" slices
- 1 ½ cups Cauliflower Washed and chopped into ¾" chunks
- 1 small Zucchini washed, sliced and quartered
- 2 cups Shredded Cabbage pre-shredded works great.
- 1 ½ Quarts Chicken Broth Vegetable Broth works great too.
- 1 28 oz can Italian Stewed Tomatoes Crushed or diced
- 2 cans Kidney Beans (drained)
- ¾ cup Macaroni Pasta or sub your favorite small pasta
- 1 tablespoon Parsley dried
- 2 teaspoon Basil dried
- 1 teaspoon Oregano dried
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese Mozzarella works great too.
In a large dutch oven or stockpot, add the olive oil and chopped onion. Saute on medium heat until the onions are soft and lightly golden brown. (about 8-10 minutes)
Add the minced garlic, carrots, and cauliflower. Saute 2 for minutes longer.
Add the remaining ingredients ( Zucchini, cabbage, shredded cabbage, tomatoes, beans, pasta, and herbs and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat to medium and cover with a lid. Let simmer for about 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally or until the pasta and veggies are tender.
Ladle into bowls. Can sprinkle some parmesan or mozzarella cheese on top if desired. Serve.
Calories: 154kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 1066mg | Potassium: 415mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 3145IU | Vitamin C: 36mg | Calcium: 122mg | Iron: 1mg