Beef and Broccoli Teriyaki
This Teriyaki Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry is so easy and I usually have the ingredients on hand. Who doesn’t love a big bowl of teriyaki beef and veggies? It's made with the most amazing Beef Teriyaki Marinade, broccoli, and red peppers. It's a recipe your family will ask for again and again and can be ready to eat in under 30 minutes.
Servings: 8 people
- 2 lbs Beef Sirloin steak, tri-tip steak, or Carne Picata will work great.
- 1 1/2 Cups Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Green onions thinly sliced
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 T Avocado Oil you can also sub for seasame oil
- 2 Tablespoons Ginger Fresh if possible. thinly sliced. (you can also substitue 2 tsp powdered ginger
- 1 Tablespoons Garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoons Corn Starch
- 2 Tablespoons Avocado Oil You can also Sub sesame oil (For Frying Vegetables)
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic (minced--for veggie stir fry)
- 2 large Broccoli Heads (cut into 1" bite sized pieces) Enough for about 3 cups of cut-up broccoli
- 1/2 large Red Pepper (sliced into 1/2" strips) or use your favorite stir fry vegetables
- 2 cups Rice White or Brown Rice--Cook according to package directios.
Teriyaki Beef Marinade
Thinly slice the beef. (if you freeze the steak for about an hour, the beef will slightly freeze and it will be much easier to cut.) Slice it into thin, bite-sized strips.
Add the beef to a Ziplock bag or a medium-sized bowl.
Thinly slice the green onions and add to the marinade.
Peel and dice the fresh ginger and add to the marinade. (Use can also use ground ginger if you don't have any fresh ginger on hand. Add the Garlic, Oil, and Brown Sugar.
Stir the marinade until all the pieces of beef are covered. Cover with plastic wrap and let it marinate in the fridge for 30 min-24 hours.
Vegetables for Stir Fry
Wash and cut vegetables
Add 2 Tablespoons oil in a large frying pan. Heat the oil and add a Tablespoon of garlic.
Add the broccoli and red peppers and salt and pepper the veggies.
Mix and fry until the broccoli is tender and bright green.
When vegetables are still a little crisp and slightly tender, remove them from the pan and set aside.
How to Make Stir Fry Beef
In the same pan, you cooked the vegetables, heat the pan and add another couple tablespoons of oil.
Using thongs, add half of the meat to the pan and cook, stirring, until the meat is cooked. It will only take about 2-3 minutes.
Take the meat out and set it aside. Add the rest of the meat and cook another 2-3 minutes. Take it out and set aside also.
How to Thicken Teriyaki Sauce
Scoop out about a half cup of marinade. This will be your sauce for your meat and vegetables.
Add the sauce to your saucepan and bring to a boil and boil for 2 min.
In a small bowl, add 2 Tablespoons of water and 1 Tablespoon of cornstarch. Stir until the cornstarch is dissolved.
While whisking, pour the cornstarch mixture into your boiling marinade.
Keep whisking until the sauce thickens and will coat the back of a spoon.
Toss together the meat, veggies, and marinade. Serve over Rice. Enjoy!
Calories: 662kcal | Carbohydrates: 66g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 2564mg | Potassium: 996mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 1330IU | Vitamin C: 150mg | Calcium: 133mg | Iron: 5mg