Beef and Broccoli Teriyaki
This Beef and Broccoli Teriyaki is a quick and easy meal with thin slices of beef and chunks of beautiful broccoli in a sweet and saucy homemade teriyaki marinade and sauce.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 8 people
- 2 lbs Carne Picada or any thinly sliced beef. Sliced steak or even chuck roast works great (plan on 1/3 lb per person)
- 2 Cups Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Green onions (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Avocado Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Ginger, thinly sliced (fresh is best but you can use 2 tsp powdered ginger if you don't have fresh)
- 1 Tablespoons Garlic (minced)
- 1 Tablespoons Corn Starch
- 2 Tablespoons Avocado Oil (For Frying Vegetables)
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic (minced--for veggie stir fry)
- 2 large Broccoli Heads (cut into 1" bite sized pieces) Enough for about 3 cups of cut-up broccoli
- 1/2 large Red Pepper (sliced into 1/2" strips)
For the teriyaki marinade, in a gallon size ziplock bag, add the soy sauce, green onions, brown sugar, avocado oil, ginger, and 1 Tablespoon minced garlic. Add the beef. (Plan on about 1/3 lb meat per adult and 1/4 lb per child.) Seal the ziplock bag and mix the meat and sauce so all of the meat has some marinade on it. Let it marinade for 15 minutes to 24 hours.
For the stir fry, broccoli and red peppers, add 2 Tablespoons oil in a large frying pan. Heat the oil and add a Tablespoon of garlic. Add the broccoli and red peppers. Salt and Pepper the veggies. Mix and fry until the broccoli is tender and starting to brown. When your vegetables are still a little crisp and slightly tender, remove them from the pan and set aside.
Cooking the Meat, In the same pan you cooked the vegetables, heat the pan and add another couple tablespoons of oil. Using a slotted spoon, add half of the meat and cook, stirring, until the meat is cooked. It will only take about 2-3 minutes. Take the meat out and set it aside. Add the rest of the meat and cook another 2-3 minutes. Take it out and set aside also.
Teriyaki Sauce--You should have about a half cup of liquid remaining in the pan. This will be your sauce for your meat and vegetables. If you want more sauce on your meat, add some from your bag of marinade. (A half cup of sauce for your meat and veggies is about right)
Heat the marinade until it boils. In a small separate bowl, add one tablespoon of cornstarch and a couple tablespoons of water. Mix until it is combined. Slowly add the cornstarch to the sauce and stir until slightly thick. Add the beef and the veggies and stir until everything is combined and heated through . Serve over rice or as is! Enjoy!
Calories: 485kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 69mg | Sodium: 3304mg | Potassium: 477mg | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 80IU | Vitamin C: 2.1mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 3.5mg