Triple Chocolate Power Balls
Energy balls are a delicious and healthy treat! No bake energy balls are easy and perfect for a snack or breakfast on the go.
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 24 people
- 2 Cups Regular Rolled Oats (pulsed in a food processor or blender till about a third or half the size)
- 1 Cup Rice Crispies
- 1/2 Cup Flax (I like to grind mine in my blender or a small coffee grinder)
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter (any nut butter will do. Peanut Butter is my favorite)
- 2 Scoops Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1/2 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 Cup Cacao Nibs (I also like to grind these till about half the size)
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1/4 Cup Pure Maple Syrup
In a blender, add rolled oats. Pulse it or turn it on low and chop the oats up until half the size.
In a small coffee grinder or a blender, grind up the flax seeds.
In a mixing bowl, pour in all of the ingredients except the coconut oil. (The ground oats, rice crispies, ground flax seeds, peanut butter, protein powder, chocolate chips, cacao nibs, honey and maple syrup.) mix.
The "dough" should resemble dry cookie dough. When you scoop and lightly pack it together, it should stay in a ball and not break. If it's a little dry, add some honey. You can also add a little coconut oil to help it stay together.
To roll into balls, use a cookie dough scoop to make balls and then use your hands to finish rolling into a ball shape. Use coconut oil on your hands if you need to. I used a couple tablespoons, a teaspoon at a time, on my hands to keep the dough from sticking.
Keep in an airtight container in the freezer or the fridge. These make great afternoon snacks or breakfast on the go. ENJOY!
Calories: 174kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 64mg | Potassium: 152mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 0.2% | Calcium: 4.2% | Iron: 4.4%