Homestyle Chicken Noodle Soup
The entire family will love this quick and easy 30 minute chicken noodle soup recipe! It uses only 6 ingredients. You can have it on the dinner table in no time!
Servings: 8 people
- 3 Quarts Chicken Broth (Or Use the better than bouillon chicken stock, picture in post) and follow directions to make your own chicken stock)
- 1 Package Homestyle Egg Noodles ( the brand doesn't matter. It comes in a regular and wide width. I used regular)
- 2 Cups Rotisserie Chicken cut into bite sized cubes (I've also used left over grilled chicken for this recipe and it works great too)
- 5 Large Carrots, sliced into 1/4" slices
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 cup peas, frozen
- 1 pinch kosher Salt and Black pepper seasoning with salt to taste
In a large pot over medium heat, pour in the chicken broth. Add the carrots to the chicken broth while the chicken broth is coming to a boil.
As soon as the chicken broth is boiling, add the noodles and the cream of chicken soup. (A full bag of noodles makes a huge pot of soup, enough to feed 8-10 people.)
Turn the heat down to medium so the broth doesn't boil over. Bring to a boil and cook the noodles in the broth according to package directions, 12-15 minutes.
While the noodles are boiling, be sure to taste the broth and make sure it has the flavor you want. If it's too strong, add some water. Season with salt and pepper, and the "better than bouillon" if needed. Every chicken broth is a little different so it works best to taste test it.
When the noodles are done, add chicken and the peas. The hot soup will thaw the peas. Optional: Garnish with parsley and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Calories: 290kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 1563mg | Potassium: 888mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 7855IU | Vitamin C: 34.7mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 2.1mg