Easy Grilled Chicken Breast Salad with Pesto Ranch Dressing
This Easy Grilled Chicken Breast Salad with Pesto Ranch Dressing is a quick and easy grilled chicken salad recipe. It includes a simple grilled chicken marinade recipe that makes a delicious basic chicken salad recipe and a delicious pesto ranch dressing everyone will love.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time25 mins
assembling time10 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 6 people
Grilled Chicken Marinade
- 3-4 medium Chicken Breasts plan on 4-6 ounces of chicken per person
- 1 Large Lemon or 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons Avocado Oil Olive Oil would work too
- 1 Pkg Good seasoning Italian Dressing Mix You can find this int eh salad dressing isle by the ranch packets
Ingredients for Chicken Salad
- 1 large Avocado Cut into 3/4" chunks
- 1.5 cup Tomatoes Halved, Cherry Tomatoes or tomatoes cut into 1/2" chunks
- 1 cup Pepperjack Cheese cut into 1/2" chunks. Mozzerella chunks work great too
- 10-12 cups Lettuce washed and cut into bite-sized pieces
Pesto Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup Mayo
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix You can find this in the salad dressing isle of the grocery store
- 1/2 cup pesto prepared
How to Make a Simple Grilled Chicken Marinade
Start by tenderizing your chicken. Put the chicken in a gallon Ziplock bag, use a rolling pin, mason jar, or the flat side of a meat tenderizer to pound the thickest part of the chicken breast. Pound until it about 3/4" thick, similar to the rest of the chicken breast. (This should only take a few good whacks.)
Add the Avocado Oil and juice the lemon into the Ziplock bag. Add the Good Seasonings Italian packet and seal the ziplock bag. Roll the bag around gently to mix all the ingredients together.
Let the chicken sit in the fridge and marinate for 2-24 hours. (If you can let the chicken marinate for up to 24 hours, that's ideal. The marinate will give the chicken so much flavor and it makes the most tender and juicy grilled chicken.)
How to Grill Chicken
After the chicken has marinated, turn the grill on med heat. Place the chicken breasts on the grill and cook on medium heat to keep the chicken breast tender and juicy. (The temperature of the grill should be about 350 degrees.) Cook your chicken breasts until golden brown 6-7 minutes. Use tongs to flip the breast over and grill for another 6-7 minutes or until golden brown
Use a digital thermometer to ensure the chicken breast is done. The chicken breast should register 165 degrees F. When the chicken is done, place it on a platter with foil over it for 5 minutes to redistribute the juices and to keep the chicken warm and juicy.
* Slice the chicken into bite-sized strips.
Preparing Ingredients for the Grilled Chicken Salad
Wash and slice cherry tomatoes in half. Cut the avocado into bite-sized pieces. Cube pepper jack cheese into bite-sized pieces and wash the lettuce. Cut the lettuce into bite-sized pieces.
Assemble the salad by adding the Lettuce, tomatoes, cubed cheese, and avocado. Add the sliced grilled chicken and drizzle with the prepared Pesto Ranch Dressing. Enjoy!