Classic Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
These Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes recipe is a family favorite! It's the perfect homemade scalloped potatoes recipe for Easter, Christmas or any family dinner.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 15 mins
Servings: 8 people
- 3 lbs Potatoes Russet, Yukon Gold or Red Potatoes
- 1 cup Broth Chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 cup Cheese Shredded (It can be a mix or just cheddar cheese)
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Thyme, fresh Fresh is best but dried will work in a pinch too.
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Start by spraying your baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Peel the potatoes if desired. Slice the potatoes. You will want the potatoes a thin 1/8"-1/4", as evenly as possible.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the chicken broth (vegetable broth can easily be substituted for the chicken broth), sour cream, half of the cheddar and parmesan cheese, garlic salt, onion powder, fresh, thyme and the pepper. Mix
Spread half of the sliced potatoes in the bottom of your greased baking dish. Pour half of the sauce over the potatoes. Spread the remain potatoes in the baking dish and add the rest of the sauce and the rest of the cheese.
Bake in a 350-degree oven for about 1 hour or until the edges and top of the scalloped potatoes are golden brown and the potatoes are soft when poked with a fork. If the cheese becomes too brown on top, simply cover the baking dish with aluminum foil until the potatoes are tender when poked with a fork.
Take the baking dish out of the oven and let these delicious homemade scalloped potatoes cool for about 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Tips for Making Easy Scalloped Potato Recipes:
- Use Russett Potatoes or Yukon Gold for a Classic recipe
- Try using red potatoes for a recipe variation
- You can use your favorite cheeses. Sharp cheddar, white cheddar, gruyere, and parmesan. Have fun with it!
- You can make these up to a couple days in advance.
- Add a little ham for another recipe variation.
Calories: 1839kcal | Carbohydrates: 183g | Protein: 80g | Fat: 92g | Saturated Fat: 56g | Cholesterol: 260mg | Sodium: 7148mg | Potassium: 6055mg | Fiber: 34g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 3325IU | Vitamin C: 157.2mg | Calcium: 1871mg | Iron: 45.5mg