Turkey and Rice Soup
This turkey and wild rice soup is one of the best leftover turkey recipes. If you're wondering what to make with leftover turkey, this is the soup for you! It's filled with wild rice, turkey, and delicious veggies.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time25 mins
cooling time5 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 12 people
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1 med Onion, chopped into small chuncks
- 3 ribs Celery (or approx 1 cup vegetables of your choice)
- 2 large Carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 cups Turkey, cooked and cut into 1/2" chunks
- 2 cups Wild Rice--just about any type will do. (be sure to cook the rice according to the time given on the package or until soft)
- 5-6 cups Chicken Broth (or 5 tsp chicken base and 5 cups water)
- pinch salt and pepper to taste
In a large saucepan, melt the butter on medium heat and add the chopped onion. Cook over medium heat until the onions are a light caramel color.
Add the celery, carrots, turkey, rice, and chicken broth. Stir to combine and add a lid. Turn the heat down to a simmer and cook the soup for 20 minutes or until the rice is soft. Salt and pepper to taste, enjoy!
Serving: 1g | Calories: 275kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 80mg | Sodium: 678mg | Potassium: 584mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 2200IU | Vitamin C: 8.6mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 1.5mg