Easy Chili Recipe (30 minute Chili)
This easy chili recipe is made with simple chili ingredients. This can be made in 30 minutes but taste like it's been cooking all day! It's made with ground beef and hearty beans and has a flavorful but mild chili flavor. The entire family will love this beef chili recipe!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
resting time5 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 8 people
- 3 Med Onions, diced into small pieces
- 2 Tablespoons Avocado oil (You can use any type or oil or even butter here)
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic, minced
- 1.5 lbs Ground Beef (I used 15% fat but again, anything you like to use will work here)
- 3 cans Black, Kidney, red, or Pinto Beans (15.25 oz) (I used 2 cans of black beans and 1 can of kidney beans but any combination will work great)
- 1 can Crushed Tomatoes (28 ounces)
- 1 can Tomato Paste (4 ounces)
- 1 can Green Chilies (4 ounces)
- 1/4 Cup Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne (optional)
- 1 tsp Salt + salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
In a large dutch oven, add the diced onions and 2 Tablespoons of avocado oil. Cook on medium heat until the onions are golden brown. Add the minced garlic.
Add the ground beef. Break up the beef with a spoon and continue to cook on medium heat until there is only a little pink left.
Pour 3 cans of beans into the hamburger mixture. Do not drain the beans. Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, and green chilies. Stir until well combined.
Add the chili powder, cumin, cayenne, and 1 tsp of salt and the pepper. Continue to stir on medium heat and bring to a soft boil. Do a taste test and add more salt if desired. Enjoy!
This is another great freezer meal. You can store it in a covered container and freeze up to a couple months.
Calories: 317kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 60mg | Sodium: 711mg | Potassium: 684mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 9.8% | Vitamin C: 21.9% | Calcium: 6.4% | Iron: 20%