This Fruit Charcuterie Board is a great idea for dinner parties and get-togethers all year long. Served with a side of cream cheese dip, or caramel sauce, it’s a beautiful and simple option that takes very little preparation and is easy to adapt. Your family and friends will love this easy charcuterie board idea!
Easy Fruit Board Ideas
If you are looking for a fun, easy recipe to serve small bites to your guests, this Fruit Charcuterie Board is always a hit. It can double as an appetizer and dessert, is super simple to adapt, and is absolutely stunning. All it takes is ripe fruit, a serving platter, and your favorite fruit dip.
In this post, we’ve given you the recipe for a whipped cream cheese dip, but you can feel free to serve it with plain whipped cream or caramel sauce. Another option is to skip the dip altogether and serve with soft cheeses, dried fruits, and Candied Nuts. Whatever floats your boat!
Fruit Tray Ideas
The number one rule when choosing items for any fruit charcuterie boards or fruit tray is to pick fruits that are ripe. If they are also in season, even better! Sometimes, however, that isn’t possible so just be sure and pick what tastes good. Here are a few of our favorite fresh fruits to use:
- Red and green apples, just about any will do, soak in lemon water to prevent them from browning.
- Berries, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries
- Oranges, tangerines, blood oranges, kamquats
- Grapes, red or green
- Melons (watermelon, cantalope, honeydew)
Fruit and Cheese Charcuterie Board
If you’re having a dinner party and want to add more than fruit for the charcuterie board, feel free to add meat, cheese, and garnishes. You can serve this as more of an appetizer than a dessert. Some ideas include:
- Dried fruit (cranberries, apricots, cherries)
- Soft cheeses (brie, goat cheese, blue cheese)
- Hard cheeses (Parmesan, cheddar, gouda)
- Cured meat (prosciutto, salami, pepperoni)
- Toasted nuts (almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, pecans, candied pecans)
- Small candies
- Candied Citrus
Ingredients in Fruit Dip for Charcuterie Board
- Fruit - use any and as many fresh fruits as you would like. We’ve given you a large list that you can choose from above. Choose fruits that are in season and perfectly ripe for the most delicious results.
- Whipping Cream - make sure your whipping cream is nice and cold to hold its form.
- Cream Cheese - you’ll need the cream cheese to be soft so you can either pull it out at room temperature for a couple of hours prior to using or put into a microwave safe dish and heat for about 10 seconds at a time until soft.
- Vanilla Extract - pure vanilla extract tastes best.
- Powdered Sugar - we like to use powdered sugar as opposed to white granulated sugar because it keeps the dip incredibly creamy. You can substitute regular sugar but it will have a bit of grit to it.
Other Dips for Fruit Board
- Caramel Sauce
- Lemon Cream Cheese Dip
- Chocolate Sauce
- Buckeye Dip
- Hot Fudge
- Cookie Butter
- Pepper Jelly
How to Make a Fruit Charcuterie Board
- Whip cream. Add the whipping cream in a stand mixer bowl and whip on high speed using the whisk attachment until soft peaks form. Transfer to another large bowl and set aside.
- Make the cream cheese dip. Add the room temperature cream cheese, vanilla extract, and cream in the same mixer bowl using the paddle attachment until the cream cheese is light and fluffy - about 3 minutes. Add the powdered sugar and mix well until completely combined. Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture using a rubber spatula until no streaks remain. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Prep fruit. Wash, cut and display all the fruits you want to use, saving any brown quickly for the very last minute.
- Serve. Transfer the cream cheese dip to a serving dish and serve with your favorite cookies, crackers, pretzels and more. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Make sure and only cut fruits ahead of time that won’t turn brown quickly. Place them on a platter, or store on a tray covered tightly with plastic wrap, and keep in the fridge overnight. Hold off on cutting fruits that brown quickly, like apples and bananas, until just before serving.
While you can buy serving trays labeled as charcuterie boards, just about any large, flat serving tray or plate will work. You can even use a cutting board or cheese platter.
You can make the cream cheese dip up to 24 hours in advance and store it in an airtight container in the fridge. Most fruits can be sliced, covered, and stored in the fridge up to 24 hours in advance as well. Make sure to cut fruits that brown quickly just before serving.
More Fruit Charcuterie Boards Ideas and Tips
- If you have any leftover fruit and dip, cover tightly with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Add Sweetened Coconut or a bowl of nuts to your charcuterie board.
- Make small charcuterie boards for a small group by just making them on small serving plates or cutting boards, you could also serve them in small clear cups for a party or gathering.
- This is a great fruit ideas or party.
Fruit Charcuterie Board Recipe
- 4 lb Fresh Fruit including berries, pineapples, grapes, oranges, kiwi and more
- 1 Cup Whipping Cream
- 8 oz Cream Cheese room temperature
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 ½ Cups Powdered Sugar
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the whipping cream and whip on high speed using the whisk attachment until soft peaks form. Transfer to another large bowl and set aside.
- In the same mixer bowl, add the room temperature cream cheese and vanilla extract and cream using the paddle attachment until the cream cheese is light and fluffy - about 3 minutes. Add the powdered sugar and mix well until completely combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until no streaks remain. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Wash and cut fruit as desired. Arrange on a serving platter and serve with the cream cheese dip, cookies or crackers. Enjoy!
Here are more of our favorite recipes using fresh fruits:
- Winter Fruit Salad
- Classic Fruit Salad
- Fruit Pizza
- Lemon Cheesecake Fruit Dip
- Brownie Bites
- Berry Salad with Citrus Glaze
- More Appetizer Recipes
- More Dessert Recipes
If you are looking for a fun, easy recipe to serve to your guests, this Fruit Charcuterie Board is always a major hit. It's a beautiful, simple option that takes little preparation and is easy to adapt.