These homemade Einkorn Brownies are ooey, gooey, chocolatey, and so delicious. They only require a few ingredients and are the perfect fudgy brownie.
Best Double Chocolate Brownies Made With Einkorn Flour
This Einkorn Brownies recipe is decadent, fudgy, and oh-so-delicious. Technically double chocolate, they are filled with cocoa powder and topped with a layer of chocolate chips.
Even those with gluten sensitivities can enjoy these delicious brownies, thanks to the all-purpose Einkorn flour. Keep reading for more information on what Einkorn flour actually is, as well as ingredient info and more. If you are looking for a regular brownie recipe, you might also love our Fudge Brownie Recipe.
What is Einkorn?
Einkorn is the OG wheat, considered by some scientists to be humankind's' first wheat. It's an ancient grain packed with protein, fiber, and a gluten structure that's easier on sensitive stomachs.
There is a couple of different type of Einkorn flour. This Einkorn Double Chocolate Brownies Recipe uses all-purpose einkorn flour which is light, fluffy, and very easy to bake with. It responds similarly to regular all-purpose flour.
If you're interested in learning more about this amazing wheat, check out Einkorn.com. And, if you're looking for more einkorn flour recipes, be sure to try our Einkorn Bread Recipe, Einkorn Pancakes, Einkorn German Pancakes, and Einkorn CInnamon Breadsticks.
Einkorn Brownies Ingredients
- All-Purpose Einkorn Flour - you can purchase this at Einkorn.com or try and find at your local health food store. If you would rather just use regular flour, you will only need 1 cup.
- Butter - your butter should be melted either in the microwave or in a small saucepan. You can use salted or unsalted, it's up to you.
- Sugars - this recipe calls for a combination of both white granulated sugar and light brown sugar.
- Cocoa Powder - for the best flavor, use a high quality cocoa powder.
- Eggs - it helps make a cohesive batter if your eggs are at room temperature before adding to the mixture. If you don't pull them out ahead of time, just run under warm water for a few minutes.
- Salt - sea salt works great.
- Chocolate Chips - I like to use milk chocolate or semi sweet. Either mini or regular will work great.
How to Make Einkorn Brownies
- Mix together the brownie batter. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the melted butter, sugar, brown sugar, cocoa powder, eggs, and salt. Whisk until combined. Add the all-purpose einkorn flour to the brownie mixture and mix until combined.
- Let the batter rest. Let the brownie mixture sit for about 10 minutes to give the einkorn flour a chance to absorb the moisture.
- Transfer to a baking dish. Mix the brownie batter again, then spread into a greased 9" x 9" baking dish. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top.
- Bake. Bake in a preheated oven, for 30-40 minutes, or until the edges are set and the center is soft but not liquid.
- Cool. Remove the brownies from the oven and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes before cutting and serving. Enjoy!
Recipe Variations for Double Chocolate Einkorn Brownies
- Fudgy Nutella Brownies: Swirl Nutella and chopped hazelnuts into the batter before baking.
- Salted Caramel Brownies: Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan, then add a layer of caramel sauce. Top with the second half of batter then use a knife to create swirls and distribute the caramel. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt over the top just before baking.
- Mint Chocolate Brownies: Add mint extract and chopped Andes candies to the batter before baking.
- Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies: swirl peanut butter into the batter along with Reese's Pieces, if desired.
Frequently Asked Questions
Sure! If you would rather use regular all-purpose flour, just add 1 cup instead and you can skip the step of letting the batter rest for 10 minutes.
There are just a few modifications you'll need to make when baking with Einkorn all-purpose flour. For this brownie recipe, the main thing to keep in mind is that Einkorn flour absorbs liquid more slowly. This is why we use ¼ extra (compared to regular all-purpose flour) and let the batter rest for about 10 minutes before baking.
For this recipe, I used a 9"x9" pan and it took about 40 minutes to bake. If you want a slightly thinner brownie, you can bake them in a 9" x 13" baking dish and bake for slightly less time.
Storing and Freezing
- Room Temperature: store in an airtight container or well-covered at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Refrigerator: you can store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Freezer: if you want to freeze your brownies, let them cool completely before transferring to either freezer bags or an airtight container. Store frozen for up to 2 months.
Einkorn Brownies Recipe
- 1¼ cups All-Purpose Einkorn Flour or 1 cup regular all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Butter melted
- 1¼ cups Sugar
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar packed
- 1 cup Cocoa Powder
- 4 large Eggs room temperature
- ¾ teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips milk chocolate or semi sweet work great
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the melted butter, sugar, brown sugar, cocoa powder, eggs, and salt. Whisk until combined.
- Add the all-purpose einkorn flour to the brownie mixture and mix until combined. Let the brownie mixture sit for about 10 minutes to give the einkorn flour a chance to absorb the moisture.
- Mix the brownie batter again, then spread into a greased 9" x 9" baking dish. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top.
- Bake in a preheated oven, for 30-40 minutes, or until the edges are set and the center is soft but not liquid.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes before cutting and serving. Enjoy!
More Of The Best Einkorn Flour Recipes
- Einkorn Dinner Rolls
- Einkorn Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Einkorn Pumpkin Muffins
- Einkorn Pumpkin Muffins
- Einkorn French Bread
- Einkorn Sourdough Bread
- Einkorn Snickerdoodles
- Einkorn Cinnamon Breadsticks
- Einkorn White Bread
- Einkorn Cinnamon Rolls
If you’ve tried this recipe, please rate it and leave a comment on this post. I love hearing feedback from you. It helps me and other readers too! If you love Pinterest, feel free to leave a comment and photo there too. Also, if you like to share, use the hashtag #thecarefreekitchen on Instagram and tag me @thecarefreekitchen so I can find you and give your post some love. You can also find me on Facebook at The Carefree Kitchen. Thank you!!
This Double Chocolate Einkorn Brownies Recipe is an ooey, gooey, chocolatey, homemade brownies recipe! If you're wanting to make Einkorn brownies from scratch, this is the best brownie recipe.